Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Remember...Savor

Today as I was doing my work for my grad classes, tutoring, housework….I realized that the time I have with my beautiful daughters living in my home is quickly fading. They will soon be graduating from high school and going to college. I will soon not have them here all the time. They will have their own lives. I find myself wanting to spend as much time as I can with my girls. I want to make as many memories as I can. There are so many thing I want to do with them. I sometimes get frustrated that I don’t have the means to “do” all the things I want to do with my girls. I realize that TIME is much more valuable than money.

So…with that in mind I planned two camping trips for us. One will be an overnight to Lewes,DE. We love this beach. It is not commercial at all. It is always a place of relaxation…no plans…just be on the beach…cook over the campfire…hike on the trails…read books…

The other trip will be to the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. We will be camping in rustic sites. The sites can not be reserved here. They are first come first serve. So we will be very “spontaneous” and pray for a site.

Camping gives the girls and I such great memories!

So the lesson that I have learned today…treasure the time I have with my daughters…and with all of the loved ones in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please share more about the Delaware beach! Sounds neat!