Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Old Friends...Old Fears...

This weekend was amazing…some friends were in town and spent the day with my girls and I on Saturday. Our girls were best buddies when they were little (15 years ago). They did everything together. My friend and I would be able to just allow the girls to play while we would drink our coffee and watch…Sweet times. The girls have not seen each other in over 8 years. It was amazing to see the girls (now young ladies) just seamlessly be with each other. We had a great time having breakfast and then going to Inner Harbor. It was such a special time. I really am thankful for our dear friends…

In the midst of the joy of the old friends the reality of being a single mom came crashing down. The fears of not being able to provide for my girls came rousing up. The reality of not having the money to get a car for my daughter (this is really not just a want…but a bit of a need because she needs to have her own transportation for school). She has been unsuccessful in finding a job this summer…ugh… This is about trusting God to provide. Everything in my mind knows God can provide. I am just having to trust His timing. Ahhh…does learning to trust get any easier…

No comments: