Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Being The Change I want to see in the world.

I am starting a new club at my school called "Be the Change".

The purpose of our club is to affect the school climate by doing Random Acts of Kindness. I hope that the club will plant a seed for the students (and teachers) at my school to make a difference by doing Random Acts of Kindness. Each week our club will issue a challenge to commit a Random Act of Kindness. Teachers will be asked to hand out a C.A..U.G.H.T. (Committing A Uniquely Good Humanitarian Task) card. Students will be informed that they have been "CAUGHT" and their names will be placed on the card. The cards will be collected each week. The following Monday morning we will have a drawing from the cards which have been submitted. Our goal is that the person who was chosen will win a $5 gift card (i.e. gas card or coffee card.)

What is cool is that I sent an email to some of my friends asking them to invest in my dream by sponsoring a card. Within 2 hours I had 7 friends who replied saying they are willing to sponsor a card. Cool isn't I have almost the first marking period covered.

One of the things I want to do is to teach the students in the club to Pay it Forward. In the spring we are hoping to have our club commit Random Acts of Kindness in the community through a service project.


Thank you so much for taking time to read about my dream.

No comments: