Sunday, May 24, 2009

Discovering My Creative ME...


About a year ago, I decided there was an undiscovered part of who I am. This part is the creative part of me. I have ALWAYS known that I "appreciated" art...I just never knew I could create it. I have enjoyed taking photographs on vacations. I know people have complimented them. Then I spent 3 weeks in Europe..and I took some nice shots...trying to pay attention to perspective and to choose unusual angles. I was pleased and even printed a few of them. They hang in my living room.

Well on Saturday I went on a "field trip" with some friends from church in our home town. Our mission..."Take pictures of the City". Well I did and I am so excited about the results. I have posted some on my facebook photo page and some on the Capture York Website.

http://www.captureyork.com/people/campinglisa


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=113079&id=782751014


What is cool...is that people like my pictures. I don't have a fancy camera. I just like to take pictures. So what about you...what have you discovered about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa...LOVE the pics :0). Discovering knew things at "our age" is amazing! Once to dust begins to settle around our parenting phase, we have more time to stop, reflect, and realize the hidden intricacies of who we "are"! I am praying/considering going back to school next year. Not full time or anything, but I have re-discovered my love of learning! So, we'll see...