Saturday, January 10, 2009

What do I REALLY want?


(a picture I took at Colonel Denning State Park)
Have you asked yourself that question? I believe it was Cindy Lauper in the 80's who said "Girls just wanna have fun?" (if you don't remember the song you can click to see the video from the 80's) Well I do like to have fun, but I believe there is so more than having fun. I think


I have spent MOST of my life not allowing myself to answer that question. Somehow I had the impression that if I asked for what I really want I was being selfish. So I never really allowed myself to even think about the question.

So at 41 I find myself asking that question, "What do I really want?" I am not sure what I want. I seem to vacillate from one thing to another. I think because I never allowed myself to really answer that question. Sometimes I think I can't decide because I am afraid to make the wrong decision. Other times I think it is because I am afraid to commit to an idea because something *better* may come along.

I do know that I am looking at the second half of my life and I want to make it count. I want to make a difference in the world. I want to learn visit the world. I also know I want to live a balanced life.

What I do know is that as I learn to wait I will begin to NOTICE notice what the best choices are.

So have you asked yourself that question, "WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT?"

1 comment:

MrsFifer1863 said...

Lisa
That is what I just did this week. What do I want? I have to start small for me, with changes and for me to say NO.

Thanks for sharing.
Kim